Press Awards & Mentions
Soul has received recognition from several Indian and International programs. Some of them include :
- - Winner of ‘Best Babywearing Outreach Program’ by Babywearing International (International Babywearing Week October 2016) for their carrier donation programme “Soul Gives Back”
- - Nomination: WEAR ‘Community Appreciation Award’ for “manufacturers who are making a difference in the world of babywearing education.” (April 2016)
- - Soul organised India’s first-ever certified babywearing educator course in November 2016.
- - Through donations (monetary or otherwise), media mentions, and other methods we have always supported and continue to support educators, carrier libraries, and of course babywearing conferences such as Wear All The Babies in Australia and The Big Latch On in New York.
- - We also work with doctors and birth practitioners in India to help families understand how baby carriers can support and fulfill their pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and parenting goals.
Nomination: WEAR ‘Community Appreciation Award’ for “manufacturers who are making a difference in the world of babywearing education.” (April 2016)
Wanting to do something to make carrying her baby closer to heart a lot easier for her and for her newborn, graphic designer turned food blogger and photographer, Chinmayie Bhat, decided to create the perfect baby carrier and that’s how Soul Slings came to be.
One of Bengaluru’s most popular food bloggers, the entrepreneur used to write prolifically at Love Food Eat until a few years ago. The blogging bug gave way to a business plan when she first realised the importance of wearing babies for new mothers.
Firstly believe in your product or service. You should be in the business that your heart is in. Always remember why you started your venture and what vision you have for yourself for the coming years. There are no short-cuts in anything and nothing can replace hard work and dedication. These apply to any entrepreneur.
I only had to wear my newborn son in a ring sling once to be sure that any parent will buy a carrier like this in a heartbeat. A baby carrier can be of immense use when you are a new parent and it will only continue to be an amazing parenting tool as your baby grows up
Babywearing- Here’s finally something that both you and your child will love. Meet Chinmayie Bhat, the founder of Soul Baby Carriers.
Chinmayie is on a mission to help other parents find the perfect way to bond with their babies- just as she herself did.
Entrepreneurs of India: Start up Story of Soul We talk to the founder of Soul,
Chinmayie Bhat about her journey in starting Soul, – India’s largest babywearing brand.
By Hand From The Heart: One Show, Many Stories! Meet the Maker: Chinmayie, Founder, Soul, Bangalore